Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- Melbourne 1-3 working days
- Sydney 2-3 working days
- Brisbane 3-5 working days
- Adelaide 3-5 working days
- Perth 5-10+ working days
For express service, call 1800 069 295 for a quote.
International deliveries click here We cannot ship to all countries.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
2016 Chateau Lascombes Pre-Arrival Offer
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
- Closure: Cork
The 2016 Lascombes has a decadent, but pure bouquet with layers of black cherry and blueberry fruit, the new oak conspicuous and (as usual) quite glossy and extroverted in style. The palate is very ripe with saturated tannin, bold and extravagant with a voluminous middle of blackberry, graphite and blue fruit. There is a powerful and heady finish; what it just lacks is finesse and that sense of personality. I tasted this Margaux on several occasions and it was one of the most variable samples, hence the question mark against my score.
Neal Martin eRobertParker.com #230 (Apr 2017)
Solidly built, with a note of baker's chocolate adding heft to the mix of plum and blackberry fruit. Velvety, but showing persistent grip through the finish.-J.M.
Full, focused and precise with dark berries, intensely fine tannins and a fresh finish. Medium to full body and a persistent finish. More refined than in the past, yet it remains very well structured.
This is full of fruit, a change of style for this estate. The result is a wine that is rich and smooth, as well as concentrated and firmly tannic.
The 2016 Lascombes is done in a very modern, pushed style, with plenty of inky dark fruit, chocolate, spice and heavy torrefaction notes. It's hard to see any expression of site here. The 2016 is well made from a purely technical standpoint, but it is also not at all exciting. At this level, a wine should aspire to more. There is little doubt that Lascombes is the most anonymous wine being made in Margaux today.
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2019.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.