Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- Melbourne 1-2 working days
- Sydney 2-3 working days
- Brisbane 3-4 working days
- Adelaide 4-5 working days
- Perth 5-10 working days
For express service, call 1800 069 295 for a quote.
International deliveries click here We cannot ship to all countries.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
2016 Chateau Larrivet Haut Brion Pre-Arrival Offer
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
- Closure: Cork
The 2016 Larrivet Haut Brion has a generous bouquet with red cherries, crushed strawberry, cigar box and light smoky scents that seem very seductive. The palate is medium-bodied with firm tannin. The new oak here seems a little ponderous and slightly occludes both the fruit and terroir expression, therefore drying out the finish and leaving a mouth-puckering effect. Hopefully this will gain more balance during its barrel maturation, and gain more cohesion and detail on the finish. At the moment, I would favor the excellent 2015 Larrivet Haut Brion. Tasted three times with consistent notes.
Neal Martin eRobertParker.com #230 (Apr 2017)
Lively cassis and damson plum fruit gives this a fresh feel, while light sanguine and singed alder notes add contrast through the finish.-J.M.
Solid red with a lovely core of ripe fruit and hot-stone character. Full body and soft and juicy tannins. Pretty young wine. May be the same level as the 2015.
With tannins that are ripe and velvety, this is already a generous wine. At the same time, it has a line of acidity that keeps it crisp and brings out the black currant fruitiness. Put the two elements together and the wine will be on top form after 2027.
The Larrivet-Haut-Brion is terrific. Bold, pungent and super-expressive, the 2016 hits the palate with a rush of red fruit, blood orange and white pepper, all of which give the wine its distinctive, lifted aromatics. Persistent and sculpted throughout, the 2016 is wonderfully polished in this vintage. There is plenty of personality and class. The blend is 56% Cabernet Sauvignon, 38% Merlot and 6% Cabernet Franc. Stéphane Derenoncourt and Frédéric Massie consult. Tasted two times.
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2019.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.