Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- Melbourne 3-4 working days
- Sydney 4-5 working days
- Brisbane 4-6 working days
- Adelaide 4-5 working days
- Perth 5-10+ working days
For express service, call 1800 069 295 for a quote.
International deliveries click here We cannot ship to all countries.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
2016 Chateau Langoa Barton Pre-Arrival Offer
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
- Closure: Cork
The 2016 Langoa Barton is a blend of 55% Cabernet Sauvignon, 37% Merlot and 8% Cabernet Franc picked between 29 September and 13 October. It is being matured in 60% new oak barrels. It has a very succinct bouquet, with a mixture of black and red fruit, a slight sea spray/estuarine tincture, hints of leather and brown spice in the background. The palate is very harmonious on the entry with a grainy texture. There is good backbone here, maybe just a little foursquare compared to other Saint Julien wines, but it gathers pace towards the finish that displays touches of spice and cedar. Understated and classic Langoa.
Neal Martin eRobertParker.com #230 (Apr 2017)
The fresh blueberry, cherry and black currant flavors give this a wide range, while racy graphite and a mouthwatering anise streak drive the finish. The fruit is so enticing that you lose track of how solidly built this is through the finish.-J.M.
This is really structured with great depth and power. Full body, chewy tannins, lots of fruit and a tangy, fresh finish. Solid.
From one of the three chateaus owned by the Barton family, this wine is showing its pedigree. It has elegance as well as structured tannins, ripe blackberry fruits and ample acidity. It is likely to age well over the medium term.
The 2016 Langoa Barton is soft, pliant and absolutely delicious. Succulent red cherry, rose petal, lavender, mocha and sweet spice fill out the wine's mid-weight frame effortlessly. Succulent and inviting, the 2016 is terrific today. The 2016 is marked by its energy and freshness, much of that the result of the Cabernet Franc, which is on the higher end of the range by historical standards. Tasted two times.
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2019.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.