Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- Melbourne 3-4 working days
- Sydney 4-5 working days
- Brisbane 4-6 working days
- Adelaide 4-5 working days
- Perth 5-10+ working days
For express service, call 1800 069 295 for a quote.
International deliveries click here We cannot ship to all countries.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
2016 Chateau Lafaurie Peyraguey (375ml) Pre-Arrival Offer
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
- Closure: Cork
Since new owners took over at Chateau Lafaurie-Peyraguey in 2014 it has undergone a complete renovation of the cellars and winemaking facilities, along with a decrease in yields to ensure only the best grapes go into their top label. Their renewed attention to detail is also evident in the new bottle design, introduced from the 2013 vintage and featuring a smart engraved logo. The 41 hectare vineyard is planted on clay over limestone soils, with a varietal mix of 93% Semillon, 6% Sauvignon Blanc and 1% Muscadelle.
The 2016 Château Lafaurie-Peyraguey has a perfumed, minerally bouquet that is taut and focused, beautifully defined and very precise. The palate is very well balanced with peach, nectarine and honey on the entry. This is a complex Sauternes, armed with superb acidity and bite, leading to a persistent finish that offers a dab of peaches and cream on the aftertaste. This is excellent.
Neal Martin eRobertParker.com #230 (Apr 2017)
This has a good, direct core of apricot, peach and mango notes, with a warm crust backdrop through the rounded finish. Still showing a bit of turbidity, so could move up as it continues to settle in.-J.M.
This is really crazy. The layers of fruit to this and the sheer intensity are really superb. Full-bodied and very sweet yet energetic and focused. Dense and tight. Tasted it and said OMG right away!
A perfectly balanced wine, this boasts a beautiful harmony between bright acidity and ripe, sweet fruit. It is rich, but balanced by great acidity as well as lingering spicy notes. It is suited for long-term aging.
The 2016 Lafaurie-Peyraguey is arrestingly beautiful. Passion fruit, mango, mint, white pepper and flowers give it a distinctly exotic feel. Unctuous and plush on the palate, the 2016 possesses superb balance and tons of personality. Naturally, the style leans toward the more tropical side of things - as it always does - but all the elements are impeccably balanced. Yields were just 17 hectoliters per hectare, while the blend, unusually, favors Sauvignon Blanc rather than Sémillon.
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2019.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.