Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- Melbourne 1-3 working days
- Sydney 2-3 working days
- Brisbane 3-5 working days
- Adelaide 3-5 working days
- Perth 5-10+ working days
For express service, call 1800 069 295 for a quote.
International deliveries click here We cannot ship to all countries.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
2016 Chateau La Pointe Pre-Arrival Offer
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
- Closure: Cork
The 2016 La Pointe is a blend of 83% Merlot and 17% Cabernet Franc this year. It has a charming, perfumed bouquet with dark cherries, red plum and quite intense incense aromas that are well defined. The palate is medium-bodied with fine tannin and well-judged acidity. This is a well-focused, classically styled Pomerol with seams of tobacco towards the persistent finish. This is a very fine Pomerol from Eric Monnoret, in fact, it is the best La Pointe produced so far.
Neal Martin eRobertParker.com #230 (Apr 2017)
Lively, offering raspberry and boysenberry fruit infused with anise, carried by velvety structure and backed by bright acidity. A light apple wood spine keeps this honest.-J.M.
Rich and layered La Pointe. Full body, round and juicy tannins and a flavorful finish. Polished texture. Pretty and impressive.
The 2016 La Pointe offers good immediacy in a somewhat rustic, rough around the edges style. There is good depth and intensity to the fruit, but some angular contours remain. Tasted three times.
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2019.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.