Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- Melbourne 1-3 working days
- Sydney 2-3 working days
- Brisbane 3-5 working days
- Adelaide 3-5 working days
- Perth 5-10+ working days
For express service, call 1800 069 295 for a quote.
International deliveries click here We cannot ship to all countries.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
2016 Chateau La Garde Pre-Arrival Offer
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
- Closure: Cork
The 2016 La Garde, blend of 50% Cabernet Sauvignon, 47% Merlot and 3% Petit Verdot, offers dark berry fruit on the nose, hints of cedar and sandalwood, nicely poised and gaining intensity in the glass. The palate is medium-bodied with fine tannin, rounded in the mouth with black tea-tinged dark berry fruit and a composed, harmonious and almost easygoing finish. This is a step up from the 2015.
Neal Martin eRobertParker.com #230 (Apr 2017)
This sports a warm fruitcake note out front, followed by slightly toothy plum and raspberry paste flavors, turning to licorice hints on the well-toasted finish. A bit ambitious, but the showy fruit will have fans.-J.M.
Soft and round tannins frame pretty chocolate and spice character. Medium to full body and lots of juicy fruit. Not quite at the 2015's quality level but very pretty.
Velvety tannins give this wine its open charm and fine texture. Structured yet crisp in acidity, hold this wine until 2027.
The 2016 La Garde offers considerable depth, not to mention plenty of personality. A host of blue/purplish fruit, grilled herb, lavender and cloves infuse this deeply expressive Merlot-based blend. The oak needs time to fully integrate, but the 2016 is impressive just the same.
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2019.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.