Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- Melbourne 1-3 working days
- Sydney 2-3 working days
- Brisbane 3-5 working days
- Adelaide 3-5 working days
- Perth 5-10+ working days
For express service, call 1800 069 295 for a quote.
International deliveries click here We cannot ship to all countries.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
2016 Chateau La Gaffeliere Pre-Arrival Offer
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
- Closure: Cork
The 2016 La Gaffeliere has a reserved bouquet at first, one that gradually unfurls with quite intense black cherry and sloes, yet there seems to be a welcome restraint, a Saint Emilion that knows how important it was to not "push" the fruit too much. The palate is medium-bodied with very smooth and rounded tannin. The acidity here is nicely judged, and it feels very cohesive, with dark berry fruit mixed with a little cola and plenty of black pepper towards the satisfying finish. Maybe it would benefit from more on the aftertaste, but otherwise this is an excellent La Gaffelière, a château that is now beginning to deliver the goods.
Neal Martin eRobertParker.com #230 (Apr 2017)
Lively, with light savory and spearmint hints flecked throughout, while the core of currant and fig fruit sits atop some medium-weight brambly grip. A good juicy edge through the finish pulls it together. Very solid.-J.M.
Dynamically and minerally young wine with blackberry and blueberry character. Full body. Firm tannins and a fresh finish. Shows structure and intensity. Focused and classy. Love the finish.
This is a firmly structured wine, its tannins dominating the potential of the ripe fruit. It will take many years to develop into the impressive wine that it is sure to become.
The 2016 La Gaffelière is not a huge Saint-Émilion, but rather a wine of total finesse and class. I loved it. The blend is 70% Merlot and 30% Cabernet Franc, with the Franc very much in evidence in the perfumed, bright notes it contributes to the wine. Stéphane Derenoncourt and Simon Blanchard consult.
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2019.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.