Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- Melbourne 1-2 working days
- Sydney 2-3 working days
- Brisbane 3-4 working days
- Adelaide 4-5 working days
- Perth 5-10 working days
For express service, call 1800 069 295 for a quote.
International deliveries click here We cannot ship to all countries.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
2016 Chateau La Dominique Pre-Arrival Offer
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
- Closure: Cork
The 2016 La Dominique was tasted on several occasions. Deep in color, it has a blackberry and bilberry-scented bouquet, a touch of oyster shell developing in the glass. There is intensity here, but it is tightly coiled. The palate is medium-bodied with crisp tannin, showing more freshness at the Rolland Laboratory tasting than elsewhere, a dash of spice with a structured, saline finish. This was more promising than recent vintages that I have tasted and hopefully augurs for what is in bottle. There was some variation here, hence the question mark against my banded score.
Neal Martin eRobertParker.com #230 (Apr 2017)
This has a piercing spearmint streak amid the core of plum and blackberry fruit, with racy acidity buried on the finish. It's vibrant and enticing, but needs to fill out a bit more on the back end.-J.M.
Layered and juicy with lots of ripe fruit and soft tannins. Decadent and generous. Lots going on here.
This wine is impressive in both structure and ripe, generous fruits. It is solid, with good potential for aging, though the dark tannins suggest that it will develop slowly. Enjoy through 2032.
The 2016 La Dominique is powerful, dense and explosive. Mocha, plum, lavender, sweet spice and menthol are some of the many notes that flesh out in the glass. Exotically ripe and voluptuous, but not at all heavy, the 2016 possesses superb balance and integration of all of its elements. The style leans on overt ripeness and density. Readers should expect a decidedly concentrated, rich Saint-Émilion. Michel Rolland is the consultant. Tasted three times.
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2019.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.