Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- Melbourne 1-2 working days
- Sydney 2-3 working days
- Brisbane 3-4 working days
- Adelaide 4-5 working days
- Perth 5-10 working days
For express service, call 1800 069 295 for a quote.
International deliveries click here We cannot ship to all countries.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
2016 Chateau la Chenade Pre-Arrival Offer
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
- Closure: Cork
The 2016 La Chenade is a blend of 80% Merlot and 20% Cabernet Franc from Denis Durantou's estate in Lalande-de-Pomerol. It was picked 24-29 September for the Merlot and 6 October for the Cabernet Franc at 39 hectoliters per hectare and then matured in 40% new oak. It has a lovely nose that needed some coaxing from the glass, eventually revealing black cherries and touches of bergamot with Earl Grey following later. The palate is medium-bodied with supple tannin, fresh right from the start, very harmonious with an elegant, quite minerally finish. Very elegant, very suave, very promising.
Neal Martin eRobertParker.com #230 (Apr 2017)
A slightly high-pitched version, with bright cherry and red currant fruit carried by a sleek structure. Doesn't show a ton of range but remains fresh and pure.-J.M.
So delicious already with delicious depth and fruitiness, yet this always retains its balance and length. Fine tannins and a raspberry, cassis finish. You want to drink this now.
The 2016 La Chenade is plump, juicy and absolutely delicious. Soft and pliant, with silky tannins, the 2016 will drink well upon release. Sweet floral and spice notes infuse a core of dark red stone fruit in this polished, classy Lalande de Pomerol from Denis Durantou. Tasted two times.
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2019.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.