Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- Melbourne 1-2 working days
- Sydney 2-3 working days
- Brisbane 3-4 working days
- Adelaide 4-5 working days
- Perth 5-10 working days
For express service, call 1800 069 295 for a quote.
International deliveries click here We cannot ship to all countries.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
2016 Chateau L'Evangile Pre-Arrival Offer
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
- Closure: Cork
Long considered one of the top three wines of Pomerol (along with Petrus and Vieux Chateau Certan), Chateau L'Evangile is planted to 80% Merlot and 20% Cabernet Franc and produce a full bodied, rich, opulent, and long lived wine. The Chateau is under the same ownership as Chateau Lafite Rothschild.
The 2016 L'Evangile is a blend of 92% Merlot and 8% Cabernet Franc; the latter suffered more stress than the Merlot this year, especially the younger three and ten-year-old plantings. It was picked from 26 September until 10 October, which is earlier than many other Right Bank properties. It has a clean and precise bouquet with mineral-infused black fruit, more "distant" than the 2015 last year. With time, that small proportion of Cabernet Franc becomes more evident. The palate is medium-bodied with firm and grainy tannin. This is very structured as this Pomerol is wont to be, a gentle grip in the mouth, touches of tar and tobacco towards the finish that needs a little more flesh. I feel that this will develop during its élevage. This is excellent, although I do miss the contribution of the Cabernet Franc.
Neal Martin eRobertParker.com #230 (Apr 2017)
This is a remake of the great 2015 but it's much finer and more sophisticated. Such great quality and very sexy. Full body and ultra-polished and clean tannins. Salty, dark fruit. Superb length. Want to drink it!
Jean-Pascal Vazart has done a magnificent job with the 2016 L'Évangile. Silky and caressing on the palate, the wine soars out of the glass with extraordinary perfume. Somehow it manages to be incredibly dense and deep yet stay light on its feet. Perfectly ripe, silky tannins add to an impression of total finesse. Captivating and riveting in its beauty, the 2016 L'Évangile is without question one of the most brilliant and memorable wines of the year. Vazart gave the 2016 lots about 31 days on the skins, with a gentle extraction, followed by malolactic fermentation in barrel.
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2019.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.