Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- Melbourne 1-2 working days
- Sydney 2-3 working days
- Brisbane 3-4 working days
- Adelaide 4-5 working days
- Perth 5-10 working days
For express service, call 1800 069 295 for a quote.
International deliveries click here We cannot ship to all countries.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
2016 Chateau Haut Marbuzet Pre-Arrival Offer
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
- Closure: Cork
The 2016 Haut Marbuzet has exactly the kind of bouquet you expect from this Saint Estephe owned by the Duboscq family: decadent and very ripe red berry fruit intermixed with kirsch and crème de cassis. Fortunately, it delivers all this ripeness with satisfying freshness and detail. The palate is well balanced with crisp acidity, plenty of concentrated black fruit tinged with tobacco and white pepper. All it is missing is just a little more persistent on the aftertaste, but otherwise, this is no more, no less than an absolutely delicious Saint-Estèphe that will give 20-25 years of drinking pleasure. No other wine from the appellation this year will give you so much joy.
Neal Martin eRobertParker.com #230 (Apr 2017)
Tangy and energetic with a mineral, dried-lemon and dark-berry character. Full body and chewy tannins. All here.
The structure of this wine is firm, in a classic Saint-Estèphe style. Yet at the same time, the fruit is so generous, with a ripe layer of black currants and contrasting acidity.
The 2016 Haut-Marbuzet is a wild, powerful, eccentric wine. There is a lot going on in the glass, although the elements are not especially well put together at this stage. Pungent red fruit, blood orange, pomegranate and floral notes are all pushed forward. Beams of firm yet well-integrated tannins give the wine much of its energy and drive. There is quite a bit of potential here, especially if the wine finds a bit more balance during its aging. As is often the case, Haut-Marbuzet is one of the most distinctive wines of Saint-Estèphe.
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2019.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.