Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- Melbourne 1-2 working days
- Sydney 2-3 working days
- Brisbane 3-4 working days
- Adelaide 4-5 working days
- Perth 5-10 working days
For express service, call 1800 069 295 for a quote.
International deliveries click here We cannot ship to all countries.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
2016 Chateau Haut Bages Liberal Pre-Arrival Offer
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
- Closure: Cork
The 2016 Haut Bages Liberal has a very focused and much more sumptuous bouquet than in previous years, thankfully without dispensing any of its character. It just seems more confident on the nose. The palate is medium-bodied with fine tannin, pretty blackberry and boysenberry fruit laced with a touch of oyster shell, sashaying towards a quite elegant finish with admirable depth. You would not describe this as a potentially exciting Pauillac, but I suspect it will be delicious once in bottle.
Neal Martin eRobertParker.com #230 (Apr 2017)
Seriously focused, with a bolt of graphite coursing through, while waves of fig, blackberry and black currant fruit follow along. Offers a long, sleek, mineral-driven finish. A strong showing.-J.M.
Very chewy and long already with ripe tannins and plenty of fruit suggesting tobacco and blackcurrant character. Long finish. From biodynamic grapes.
Known for making firm wines, this year the estate has produced a wine that is also packed with juicy black fruits. Structured and full of fruitiness, it has excellent long-term potential.
The 2016 Haut-Bages Libéral is gorgeous. Succulent red cherry and plum fruit are pushed forward, with brighter, citrus-driven and chalky notes that add aromatic lift and energy. Silky, supple and inviting, the 2016 is built to deliver considerable pleasure. The 2016 shuts down quickly in the glass, which is probably a very good sign for the wine's potential longevity. I very much like the sense of energy here. Tasted two times.
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2019.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.