Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- Melbourne 1-2 working days
- Sydney 2-3 working days
- Brisbane 3-4 working days
- Adelaide 4-5 working days
- Perth 5-10 working days
For express service, call 1800 069 295 for a quote.
International deliveries click here We cannot ship to all countries.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
2016 Chateau Grand Pontet Pre-Arrival Offer
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
- Closure: Cork
The 2016 Grand-Pontet has a ripe licorice and black plum-scented bouquet, touches of smoke developing in the glass. The palate is full-bodied with ripe black fruit, a touch of melted tar and again, a hint of salted licorice. However, I find the finish too blocky and extracted, needing more finesse and detail. This may well improve by the time it is barrel, but it just seems a little pushed at the moment.
Neal Martin eRobertParker.com #230 (Apr 2017)
Tight and concentrated with very pretty fruit concentration and ripe and polished tannins. Just a raw beauty that will be tempered with time.
The 2016 Grand-Pontet is powerful and dense, but also a bit tough around the edges because of the heavy extraction and oak. It will be interesting to see if the 2016 comes together a bit more fully over its aging. Today, the dark fruit and oak torrefaction signatures dominate the wine's balance. Tasted two times.
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2019.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.