Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- Melbourne 1-3 working days
- Sydney 2-3 working days
- Brisbane 3-5 working days
- Adelaide 3-5 working days
- Perth 5-10+ working days
For express service, call 1800 069 295 for a quote.
International deliveries click here We cannot ship to all countries.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
2016 Chateau Grand Mayne Pre-Arrival Offer
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
- Closure: Cork
The 2016 Grand-Mayne is a very different wine from those of old when sometimes it could be pushed too much in the winery. Certainly, the addition of Louis Mitjavile, François's son, has had a positive impact upon Grand-Mayne in the last two or three years. This is very elegant and refined, displaying more terroir characteristics with a gorgeous herbal lift, almost as if owner Jean-Antoine Nony had used some stems! The palate is medium-bodied with fine tannin, crisp acidity, almost Pomerol-like in style with more mineralité and refinement on the finish. This is a new style of Grand-Mayne, and frankly, it is one of the best I have tasted from this Saint Emilion estate.
Neal Martin eRobertParker.com #230 (Apr 2017)
The dusty edge that this sports from the beginning lingers throughout, while the core of plum, anise and blackberry meanders through. It's ripe but lacks some energy.-J.M.
Solid density of fruit and velvety tannins to this one. Medium to full body, chewy tannins and a fresh finish.
This is a rich and balanced wine. It has generous tannins and ripe black fruits, nothing in excess. Spice and fine acidity in the aftertaste show the wine has a good medium-term future.
The 2016 Grand Mayne offers good potential. Sweet tobacco, herb and leather overtones give the succulent red cherry fruit attractive savory underpinnings. Hints of mocha and torrefaction appear later, adding further shades of nuance. The oak tannins are a bit aggressive at this stage, but all the elements are nicely balanced just the same. The 2016 is going to need a bit more time to come into its own, but even today it is quite promising. Tasted two times.
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2019.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.