Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- Melbourne 1-2 working days
- Sydney 2-3 working days
- Brisbane 3-4 working days
- Adelaide 4-5 working days
- Perth 5-10 working days
For express service, call 1800 069 295 for a quote.
International deliveries click here We cannot ship to all countries.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
2016 Chateau Fontenil Pre-Arrival Offer
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
- Closure: Cork
The 2016 Fontenil has a tightly wound bouquet with blackberry and subtle undergrowth aromas that change towards more marine-like, estuarine scents. There is certainly good complexity here. The palate is nicely poised with plenty of dusky black fruit. There is actually a very slight green edge...not under-ripe, perhaps more a leafiness that actually complements this Fronsac and lends freshness. I think this will turn out very fine once in bottle.
Neal Martin eRobertParker.com #230 (Apr 2017)
Sleek in feel, with racy acidity pulling the raspberry and plum fruit along from the get-go. The chalky minerality is well-embedded on the finish. Solid.-J.M.
Very pretty balance to this with a juicy fruit character, bright acidity and a long and flavorful finish. Savory and juicy.
Michel and Dany Rolland's 2016 Fontenil is quite pretty. Bright, crystalline and precise, it offers a compelling interplay of pliant, red-toned fruit and savory notes, all with an extra kick of acid-driven freshness. In 2016, Fontenil is bit more savory and less overtly fruit-driven than in some previous years. Tasted three times.
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2019.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.