Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- Melbourne 1-2 working days
- Sydney 2-3 working days
- Brisbane 3-4 working days
- Adelaide 4-5 working days
- Perth 5-10 working days
For express service, call 1800 069 295 for a quote.
International deliveries click here We cannot ship to all countries.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
2016 Chateau Fonplegade Pre-Arrival Offer
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
- Closure: Cork
The 2016 Fonplegade, Stephen and Denise Adams' property in Saint Emilion, has a tightly wound bouquet at first, so much so that I afforded it ten minutes to unfold in the glass. The palate is medium-bodied with a firm grip on the entry. This is a more opaque Saint Emilion compared to others, although I like the balance and the weight/concentration towards the muscular finish. There is much more backbone here compared to the 2015 but I also discern more control and precision. This is probably a wine that is going to require a few years in bottle, but it should be worth that wait.
Neal Martin eRobertParker.com #230 (Apr 2017)
Lots of energy here, with a wide range of loganberry, acai and blackberry fruit flavors pumping along, backed by licorice snap and sweet spice accents. Has some heft, but this is vivid throughout as it relies on purity and a nice mineral underpinning. Strong showing.-J.M.
Tight and layered with beautiful fruit here. Full and chewy. Lots going on here. Interested to see its evolution. Velvety and rich. From organically grown grapes.
This densely concentrated wine is dark and serious, with powerful tannins. It has a bitter edge and black chocolate flavors along with dark plum-skin flavor. The structure will stand this big wine in good stead as it ages.
The 2016 Fonplégade has been impressive on all three occasions I have tasted it so far. Deep, fleshy and super-expressive, but not at all heavy or overdone, the 2016 captures all the best qualities of the vintage. Bright acids and beams of tannin give considerable energy, and yet it is the wine's balance that stands out most. Ripe red cherry, blood orange, mint, flowers and exotic spice notes all develop in the glass. The 2016 is a terrific Fonplegade. The blend is 95% Merlot and 5% Cabernet Franc. The Adamses employ a bevy of consultants, including Michel Rolland and Stéphane Derenoncourt's team. Tasted three times.
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2019.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.