Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- Melbourne 1-2 working days
- Sydney 1-2 working days
- Brisbane 3-4 working days
- Adelaide 4-5 working days
- Perth 5-10 working days
For express service, call 1800 069 295 for a quote.
International deliveries click here We cannot ship to all countries.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
2016 Chateau Fonbadet Pre-Arrival Offer
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
- Closure: Cork
The 2016 Fonbadet, the Pauillac property owned by the Peyronie family, is a blend of 67% Cabernet Sauvignon, 25% Merlot, 5% Petit Verdot and 3% Cabernet Franc. It has a very well-defined bouquet with quite intense blackberry, cassis and cold slate-like aromas that gain momentum in the glass. The palate is very structured and powerful, a burly Pauillac that wants to impress, however, to do that it must show more finesse and nuance on the broody finish that is lacking at the moment. Let's see how this shows once in bottle, because I appreciate the aromatics and the substance. Tasted twice with consistent notes.
Neal Martin eRobertParker.com #230 (Apr 2017)
Refined with lovely finesse and polish. Medium body and ultra-fine tannins. All about balance. Remake of the 2015.
This wine is structured yet ripe, packed with both bold fruit and tannin. The wine, from a vineyard surrounded by classed growths, has much of the Cabernet Sauvignon power in this vintage. Drink after 2027.
The 2016 Fonbadet is soft and supple, featuring succulent red/bluish-hued berry fruits that are nicely pushed forward. Silky and pliant, the 2016 offers tons of near- and medium-term appeal. Although not especially complex, the 2016 is absolutely delicious. Michel Rolland is the consultant. Tasted two times.
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2019.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.