Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- Melbourne 3-4 working days
- Sydney 4-5 working days
- Brisbane 4-6 working days
- Adelaide 4-5 working days
- Perth 5-10+ working days
For express service, call 1800 069 295 for a quote.
International deliveries click here We cannot ship to all countries.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
2016 Chateau Ferriere Pre-Arrival Offer
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
- Closure: Cork
The 2016 Ferriere is an accomplished Margaux for the vintage. It has a feminine, refined bouquet with blackberry, wild strawberry and light rose petal aromas, just a hint of vanilla from the new oak that is neatly integrated. The palate is medium-bodied with ripe, quite juicy tannin. This is very harmonious with fine tannin, impressive depth and a sense of mineralité that is in tune with this vintage. I thought that the 2015 Ferriere was excellent, but this is another step up. Bravo, Clare Villars Lurton!
Neal Martin eRobertParker.com #230 (Apr 2017)
Gentle-edged, with pretty plum and cherry paste flavors, lined with subtle cocoa and roasted cedar accents. Offers a supple, floral-accented finish.-J.M.
Tangy and fruity with spice and berry character. Full body, chewy tannins and a tight finish. This will fill out nicely in barrel. From biodynamic grapes.
From a vineyard that is now biodynamic, the wine has gained an extra dimension of fruit. At the same time, the tannins give the wine density that will stand it in good stead as it ages. This is for the long term.
The 2016 Ferrière is a deep, fleshy wine. Bold, and sumptuous, with terrific aromatic nuance, the 2016 comes across as wonderfully complete today. Dark tonalities of fruit, smoke, tobacco, licorice and grilled herbs are all pushed forward. Beams of tannin underpin the fruit, but they are nearly buried by the sheer intensity of the fruit. Expressive and layered in the glass, the 2016 Ferrière is a winner. Tasted two times.
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2019.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.