Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- Melbourne 1-2 working days
- Sydney 2-3 working days
- Brisbane 3-4 working days
- Adelaide 4-5 working days
- Perth 5-10 working days
For express service, call 1800 069 295 for a quote.
International deliveries click here We cannot ship to all countries.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
2016 Chateau Faugeres Pre-Arrival Offer
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
- Closure: Cork
The 2016 Faugeres is a blend of 85% Merlot, 15% Cabernet Franc and 5% Cabernet Sauvignon matured in 60% new oak. It has a ripe black cherry and cassis scented bouquet, just a touch of volatility although that should disappear by the time it is in bottle. The palate is medium-bodied with a gentle grip on the entry. This has good backbone and fresh acidity, nicely focused with a taut, quite linear finish that feels more restrained and classic in style than previous vintages. Superb.
Neal Martin eRobertParker.com #230 (Apr 2017)
This sports loganberry and raspberry fruit, with a lively savory streak and menthol echo on the finish. Stays polished and sleek in feel, with the fruit winning out in the end.-J.M.
The 2016 Faugères is dark, pliant and racy, with lovely red cherry, plum, spice and leather overtones. Subtle and a bit restrained in this vintage, the 2016 offers good depth and pliancy. Blood orange, rose petal and bright acids add lift throughout. Like all of Denz's 2016s at this stage, Faugères is good, but not particularly expressive. Jean-Philippe Fort is the consultant. Tasted two times.
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2019.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.