Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- Melbourne 1-3 working days
- Sydney 2-3 working days
- Brisbane 3-5 working days
- Adelaide 3-5 working days
- Perth 5-10+ working days
For express service, call 1800 069 295 for a quote.
International deliveries click here We cannot ship to all countries.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
2016 Chateau Durfort Vivens Pre-Arrival Offer
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
- Closure: Cork
The 2016 Durfort Vivens, which I tasted at a négoçiant tasting, is a blend of 94% Cabernet Sauvignon and 6% Merlot, the vineyard now biodynamically farmed and Demeter approved. I have criticized this Margaux on previous occasions due to lack of ripeness, but certainly the nose does not display any of that. This 2016 comes armed with attractive blackberry, bilberry and sous-bois aromas that gradually unfurl in the glass. The palate is medium-bodied with an insistent grip on the entry. The tannins feel quite bold for Durfort-Vivens, with plenty of sappy black fruit. I appreciate the acidic drive of this Margaux and the finish is energetic, full of tension and leaves a lovely, almost brine-like aftertaste. This is one of the best wines from Gonzalgue Lurton that I have tasted in recent years.
Neal Martin eRobertParker.com #230 (Apr 2017)
This is really superb with beautiful density and ripe tannin texture. Full body and a round and polished texture. Rich and impressive but all in class. Made from biodynamic grapes. Almost all cabernet sauvignon.
Now certified biodynamic, this estate is on a roll. This vintage is very fine, rich and well structured. The dry core is contrasted by black fruit flavors. It is going to be generous and concentrated; there is long-term aging potential here.
Cabernet Sauvignon plays the leading role in the 2016 Durfort-Vivens. Inky, deep and fleshy, the 2016 exudes considerable aromatic and flavor intensity. Grilled herbs, leather, tobacco, smoke and licorice infuse a core of super-ripe dark Cabernet fruit. The tannins are present, but they are nicely balanced by the luxuriousness of the fruit. This is an especially ripe, almost exotic, style for Margaux, but it works. In 2016 Durfort-Vivens is 94% Cabernet Sauvignon and 6% Merlot, which is the highest amount of Cabernet Sauvignon ever in the wine.
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2019.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.