Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- Melbourne 1-3 working days
- Sydney 2-3 working days
- Brisbane 3-5 working days
- Adelaide 3-5 working days
- Perth 5-10+ working days
For express service, call 1800 069 295 for a quote.
International deliveries click here We cannot ship to all countries.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
2016 Chateau Duhart-Milon Pre-Arrival Offer
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
- Closure: Cork
The 2016 Duhart-Milon-Rothschild is a blend of 67% Cabernet Sauvignon and 33% Merlot picked between 26 September and 12 October with around 13.3% alcohol, slightly higher than in 2015 that suffered a little dilution. The bouquet is tightly wound with blackberry, cigar box and sous-bois aromas that gently unfold in the glass. This is classic, conservative Duhart-Milon. The palate is medium-bodied with fine tannin, a crisp line of acidity, just a touch of black pepper enlivening the black fruit. Overall, this represents in some ways a return to the slightly more austere style of Duhart-Milon, yet there is perhaps now more approachability and certainly plenty of freshness. For me, this is a step up from the 2015 and it comes recommended.
Neal Martin eRobertParker.com #230 (Apr 2017)
A firm and silky young red with a medium to full body and lovely chocolate, cedar and currant character. Flavorful finish. One of the best in a very long time.
This ripe wine is full of great fruit aromas and flavors. Rich, juicy blackberry is combined with intense tannins and ample acidity on the palate. It is a fine summation of the vintage, with opulent fruit that mellows serious tannins. It might seem accessible with all this fruit, but don't be fooled, the wine will need many years.
The 2016 Duhart-Milon is an attractive midweight wine. Floral aromatics and soft, silky tannins give the wine its gracious personality. Dark cherry, plum, lavender and new leather all develop in the glass, but above all else, the 2016 is a gentle, subtle Pauillac that shows the more understated side of the year. I imagine it will drink well pretty much right out of the gate. Today, the Duhart is perhaps just a touch narrow in its construction. It will be interesting to see if it fleshes out a bit more during its aging.
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2019.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.