Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- Melbourne 1-2 working days
- Sydney 2-3 working days
- Brisbane 3-4 working days
- Adelaide 4-5 working days
- Perth 5-10 working days
For express service, call 1800 069 295 for a quote.
International deliveries click here We cannot ship to all countries.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
2016 Chateau du Tertre Pre-Arrival Offer
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
- Closure: Cork
The 2016 Du Tertre is a blend of 75% Cabernet Sauvignon, 10% Merlot, 10% Cabernet Franc and 5% Petit Verdot picked from 27 September until 19 October. Estate manager Alexandre van Peek told me that this represents one of the highest levels of Cabernet Sauvignon in recent years. Matured in 35% new oak, it has a harmonious bouquet with pure blackberry, raspberry and mineral scents that are neat and well defined. The palate is medium-bodied with crisp tannin, quite saline on the entry, understated at first, but gaining weight in the mouth and delivering a precise and minerally, classic Margaux finish. All it's missing is the persistence on the finish. It just seems to rush out the exit door before you've really gotten to know it. Hopefully it will develop that side during barrel maturation.
Neal Martin eRobertParker.com #230 (Apr 2017)
Bright and engaging, with lots of bay, savory and tobacco notes out front, backed by lively plum, cherry and raspberry coulis flavors. The sleek, mineral-edged finish pulls the fruit and herb elements together. Distinctive.-J.M.
A dense and tight red with currants, blueberries and hints of walnuts. Changes from pure fruit and then back to wet earth. The purity in the cabernet, the linear tannins and the drive with acidity behind it makes it one of the best Tertres ever. Better than 2015?
Made by the same team as Giscours, this is a fine wine. Its rich structure combines with acidity and dense, plummy fruit to give a wine that charms now but is sure to age well.
The 2016 du Tertre is soft, pliant and quite expressive. Sweet red cherry, white pepper, herbs, iron and smoke give the wine its distinctive savory personality. The 2016 is medium in body, yet offers lovely depth and midpalate pliancy. Floral notes and bright acids add freshness on a finish supported by firm tannins and creamy, expansive fruit. The 2016 is a terrific du Tertre. Tasted two times.
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2019.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.