Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- Melbourne 1-2 working days
- Sydney 2-3 working days
- Brisbane 3-4 working days
- Adelaide 4-5 working days
- Perth 5-10 working days
For express service, call 1800 069 295 for a quote.
International deliveries click here We cannot ship to all countries.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
2016 Chateau du Cartillon Pre-Arrival Offer
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
- Closure: Cork
The 2016 Chateau du Cartillon has a lifted, perfumed, quite floral bouquet that leans more towards red rather than black fruit. The palate is medium-bodied with supple ripe black fruit, hints of sage and clove, fine grip in the mouth with a fresh, slightly tarry, tobacco finish. That'll do nicely-one of the best wines I have tasted from this Haut-Médoc.
Neal Martin eRobertParker.com #230 (Apr 2017)
Dense, rich and powerful with lots of ripe fruit and spices. Hints of dried flowers. Full and flavorful. Really well done this year. Best ever?
This wine is dry and firm. There is an indication of black fruit which needs to develop further. Because the wine has weight, it will eventually become rich and concentrated, worthy of medium-term aging.
The 2016 du Cartillon is a plump, racy Haut Médoc that should drink well upon release. Suggestions of tobacco, smoke, licorice and sweet herbs add character. The 2016 is bold and a touch rustic, but also pleasing in its own way. The oak still needs to fully integrate, however. Tasted two times.
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2019.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.