Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- Melbourne 3-4 working days
- Sydney 4-5 working days
- Brisbane 4-6 working days
- Adelaide 4-5 working days
- Perth 5-10+ working days
For express service, call 1800 069 295 for a quote.
International deliveries click here We cannot ship to all countries.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
2016 Chateau d'Issan Pre-Arrival Offer
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
- Closure: Cork
The 2016 D'Issan is a blend of 64% Cabernet Sauvignon and 36% Merlot cropped between 29 September and 19 October, and matured in 50% new barrels. The alcohol is 13.3% and with a pH of 3.71. It has a very classic, slightly introverted bouquet with a light marine influence coming through, but remaining very reserved, a little aloof. The palate is medium-bodied with crisp tannin and fine delineation; it is very crisp and focused, a classic Margaux through and through with outstanding salinity and persistence towards the precise finish. This is a beautiful D'Issan for long-term ageing, on par with the 2015.
Neal Martin eRobertParker.com #230 (Apr 2017)
Light pepper and savory hints lead off in this bouncy, juicy version, with bright cassis and bitter cherry fruit forming the core. Shows a light mineral edge on the finish.-J.M.
This is so energetic for a young d'Issan with lots of white pepper, crushed stones and blackberries. Full body, ultra-fine tannins and great length. One of the greatest ever. Superb depth and intensity to this real Bordeaux. Wow.
This wine has an austere structure, with firm tannins. The fruit comes through slowly, revealing an attractive black-currant flavor and ample acidity. This will be a very fine wine with time; try after 2029.
The 2016 d'Issan is bold, plump and juicy, all qualities that will make it easy to drink and appreciate young. Most of the wine's appeal is up front, as the intensity trails off slightly on the midpalate and finish. There is not a ton of complexity, at least not today, but the elements are all so well balanced that the 2016 makes a strong statement based on its sheer appeal. Dark red/purplish fruit, sweet spice and floral notes add to the wine's forward, fruit-driven personality. Tasted two times.
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2019.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.