Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- Melbourne 1-2 working days
- Sydney 1-2 working days
- Brisbane 3-4 working days
- Adelaide 4-5 working days
- Perth 5-10 working days
For express service, call 1800 069 295 for a quote.
International deliveries click here We cannot ship to all countries.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
2016 Chateau Clos l'Eglise Pre-Arrival Offer
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
- Closure: Cork
The 2016 Clos l'Eglise is a blend of 80% Merlot and 20% Cabernet Franc, and was the first to be picked by the Garçin-Léveque family (before Barde-Haut, d'Arce and Poesia). It has a high pH of 3.65 and it was matured in 100% new French oak. It has a very intense bouquet with macerated small black cherries, raspberry coulis, oyster shells and crushed violets, well defined and quite penetrating in style. The palate is medium-bodied with grainy tannin, layers of black fruit laced with black pepper and a touch of black pepper. There is a little chewiness to the texture towards the harmonious finish, which is one of the most primal that I have encountered in recent years. The barrel maturation will lend a little more sheen to this Pomerol--a long-term prospect that will deserve several years in bottle.
Neal Martin eRobertParker.com #230 (Apr 2017)
Fresh, bouncy blueberry and boysenberry fruit is hard to resist, while lively anise and fruitcake notes fill in behind it. Has a gloss of spice-infused toast on the finish, but that should meld with the élevage, as the fruit is copious.-J.M.
A linear yet full-bodied young red with berries, firm tannins and lots of flavor and intensity. Fun and dynamic sample. Potentially better than 2015.
The 2016 Clos L'Eglise is a powerful, dense wine. In 2016 Clos L'Eglise presents a distinctly deep, spiced expression, with tons of clove, cinnamon, leather, cedar and tobacco overtones. Rich, ample and creamy, the 2016 possesses notable depth and richness in all of its dimensions. The wine is powerful, ripe and intense, with just enough freshness to add a measure of balance. To be sure, the style is one built on textural richness and resonance, with ripeness pushed to the edge. The 2016 saw around 3-4 days of cold soak. Among other developments, the estate is experimenting with 300-liter barrels. New oak is around 80%.
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2019.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.