Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- Melbourne 1-2 working days
- Sydney 2-3 working days
- Brisbane 3-4 working days
- Adelaide 4-5 working days
- Perth 5-10 working days
For express service, call 1800 069 295 for a quote.
International deliveries click here We cannot ship to all countries.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
2016 Chateau Carbonnieux Pre-Arrival Offer
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
- Closure: Cork
The 2016 Carbonnieux has a gorgeous, beautifully defined bouquet with pure black fruit, hints of sous-bois and pressed flowers, the new oak seamlessly integrated. What a nuanced and sensual bouquet! The palate is medium-bodied with plenty of ripe, black, graphite-tinged fruit, supremely well-judged acidity and a level of harmony that frankly, I have never encountered on a Carbonnieux. This is a brilliant wine from this Pessac-Léognan estate that has threatened to make a wine this good in the past.
Neal Martin eRobertParker.com #230 (Apr 2017)
Lively, with a bouncy edge to the mix of plum, cherry and cassis notes. A light tarry echo shows on the finish, but this relies more on juicy acidity. Solid length.-J.M.
Big and juicy red with lots of fruit and tannins yet it's not overdone. Full-bodied, chewy and intense. Lots of potential here. Better than the 2015?
Firm and on the stalky side, this is a wine with dense tannins. It has a solid core that will stand it in good stead as it matures. A firm wine that does finish with elegant acidity.
The 2016 Carbonnieux is positively delightful. Elegant, gracious and medium in body, the 2016 possesses exceptional finesse and nuance. Bright red cherry, white pepper and mint add a super-appealing upper register. Above all else, though, Carbonnieux speaks to total finesse. This is an especially refined wine for the appellation.
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2019.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.