Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- Melbourne 1-2 working days
- Sydney 2-3 working days
- Brisbane 3-4 working days
- Adelaide 4-5 working days
- Perth 5-10 working days
For express service, call 1800 069 295 for a quote.
International deliveries click here We cannot ship to all countries.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
2016 Chateau Bolaire Pre-Arrival Offer
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
- Closure: Cork
The 2016 Bolaire, from Macau-en-Medoc, is a blend of 50% Petit Verdot and 50% Merlot matured in 10% new oak and cropped at 55 hectoliters per hectare. The Petit Verdot dominates the nose with scents of blueberry and black cherry fruit, quite floral compared to its peers. There is just a touch of prune in the background. The palate is balanced with crunchy black fruit, a touch of tobacco and tar, perhaps just needing a little more substance on the finish, although there is fine delineation. Give this one or two years in bottle.
Neal Martin eRobertParker.com #230 (Apr 2017)
Quite lively, with plum and raspberry coulis flavors stretching out over light anise and singed vanilla hints. The streamlined finish has a fleck of herb.-J.M.
A beautiful young wine with linear and super-refined tannins as well as a long and delicious finish. Fantastic length and precision. Half petit verdot and merlot. Best ever?
The 2016 Bolaire is bold, juicy and delicious. Ripe black cherry, plum, mocha, chocolate, spice and leather are all pushed forward. Succulent, bold and racy, the wine is pure joy to taste today. The 2016 is bit more laid-back than usual, but that is not at all a bad thing. The blend is equal parts Petit Verdot and Merlot and no Cabernet Sauvignon, which is unusual for this wine. Petit Verdot, which is most often seen as a blender, takes a leading role in this super-expressive Bordeaux Supérieur from vineyards in Macau.
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2019.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.