Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- Melbourne 1-2 working days
- Sydney 2-3 working days
- Brisbane 3-4 working days
- Adelaide 4-5 working days
- Perth 5-10 working days
For express service, call 1800 069 295 for a quote.
International deliveries click here We cannot ship to all countries.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
2016 Chateau Berliquet Pre-Arrival Offer
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
- Closure: Cork
The 2016 Berliquet, 25% Cabernet Franc and 75% Merlot, is the third vintage that has seen more emphasis on Cabernet Franc. It has an attractive bouquet with black cherries, a touch of crème de cassis and incense aromas, quite generous and pretty. The oak is nicely integrated here. The palate is medium-bodied with succulent ripe tannin that exert a gentle but insistent grip in the mouth. There is a lovely saline seam in the mouth with a little chalkiness coming through on the aftertaste. This is a strong follow-up to the 2015 Berliquet, and the substance suggests that it will age well in bottle.
Neal Martin eRobertParker.com #230 (Apr 2017)
Enticing, with plum cake and raspberry preserve flavors that sport a lush edge, while anise and melted licorice fill in. Almost too easy in feel, but there's sneaky buried minerality and an echo of spice fueling the finish.-J.M.
This is a really powerful red with fantastic density and richness. Silky and chewy tannins. Lots of chalky, crushed limestone character. Impressive. Let's see what is better: the 2016 or 2015.
Packed with spice, blackberry and black plum, this is generous, yet balanced by refined acidity and dense tannins that will give it a chance to age over the medium term. It is an apt and attractive reflection of the vintage.
The 2016 Berliquet is plump, juicy Saint-Émilion that will drink well with minimal cellaring. Black cherry, plum, chocolate, spice and new leather are all pushed forward. The natural richness and concentration of the vintage comes through in the wine's intense ripeness and tannin profile. It will be interesting to see if the 2016 softens over time. Today, the tannins are a bit coarse and rough around the edges. The blend is 75% Merlot and 25% Cabernet Franc. The relatively high percentage of Franc might explain the wine's showing today. Tasted two times.
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2019.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.