Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- Melbourne 3-4 working days
- Sydney 4-5 working days
- Brisbane 4-6 working days
- Adelaide 4-5 working days
- Perth 5-10+ working days
For express service, call 1800 069 295 for a quote.
International deliveries click here We cannot ship to all countries.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
2016 Chateau Bellevue Mondotte Pre-Arrival Offer
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
- Closure: Cork
The 2016 Bellevue Mondotte is a blend of 90% Merlot, 5% Cabernet Franc and 5% Cabernet Sauvignon cropped at 18 hectoliters per hectare because of the old vines and the shallow depth of the earth, 20-30 centimeters until the pickaxe hits limestone. It is matured in 100% new oak, and the alcohol level is 14.84% this year. It has an opulent bouquet with ravishing blueberry and black cherry fruit, crushed violets and a touch of glycerin. The palate is silky smooth on the entry, and whereas I had anticipated being overwhelmed by this Bellevue-Mondotte, it actually retains wonderful elegance and precision. You cannot help but be seduced by this Saint Emilion and its satin-like texture. This is not always my favorite wine from Gérard Perse, as my previous scores attest. However, this year the Bellevue-Mondotte has pulled off a very luxuriant 2016 with a greater sense of control, a wine that should drink beautifully for many years. Tasted twice with consistent notes.
Neal Martin eRobertParker.com #230 (Apr 2017)
Very, very solid, showing a core of delicious blackberry and dark plum fruit laced with anise and light bramble notes. Has a dose of toast, but it's integrated and the finish has drive, thanks to a buried chalky spine.-J.M.
There's a vibrance and brilliance that gives this wine focus and energy. Medium body, ultra-fine tannins and a long and beautiful finish. Very fine.
This wine is already well-balanced between the ample acidity, fruitiness and structure. There are bright aromas, plenty of good fruitiness on the palate and a solid background structure. A fine showing for this Gerard Perse estate, it has the freshness and elegance of the vintage.
The 2016 Bellevue Mondotte is striking. An explosion of fruit and mineral-drenched overtones make a strong first impression. Remarkably nuanced for such a big, powerful wine, the 2016 possesses exceptional balance from the very first taste. Graphite, smoke, crème de cassis, lavender and menthol are some of the many notes that build into the huge finish.
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2019.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.