Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- Melbourne 3-4 working days
- Sydney 4-5 working days
- Brisbane 4-6 working days
- Adelaide 4-5 working days
- Perth 5-10+ working days
For express service, call 1800 069 295 for a quote.
International deliveries click here We cannot ship to all countries.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
2016 Chateau Beausejour Duffau-Lagarrosse Pre-Arrival Offer
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
- Closure: Cork
The 2016 Beausejour (Duffau Lagarrosse) is a blend of 90% Merlot and 10% Cabernet Franc picked between 18 October and 21 October, matured in 55% new oak. The alcohol is 14.4%, with a pH of 3.38. It has a very perfumed bouquet with luscious red cherry and wild strawberry fruit, fine delineation, touches of truffle and smoke in the background. The palate is medium-bodied with very supple tannin that belie the structure of this Saint Emilion. This has a gorgeous salinity and spiciness that lend it character, very long and persistent with a tang of black pepper on the aftertaste. This is a step up from the 2015 last year and should rest at the top of my banded score once in bottle.
Neal Martin eRobertParker.com #230 (Apr 2017)
On the exotic side, with loganberry, acai and crushed plum notes forming the core, laced with singed mesquite and alder flavors and backed by a long, juicy, dark-profiled finish.-J.M.
Is this the twin brother of the amazing 2015? We will see. What a superb density and richness with bright and intense tannins that are buttressed with fresh acidity. Beautiful finish.
This small estate, a Premier Grand Cru Classé in Saint-Emilion, is now showing its pedigree. This vintage wine is impressively ripe as well as structured. It has serious tannins that are inextricably wedded to the powerful black fruits. It will last for many years, so hold it until 2029, at least.
The 2016 Beauséjour Héritiers Duffau-Lagarrosse is outrageously beautiful. A striking bouquet of crushed rocks, graphite, smoke, scorched earth and lavender opens into a core of plush, sumptuous fruit. Deep, dark and inviting, the 2016 is endowed with tremendous intensity in all of its dimensions. Beams of tannin give the wine its explosive, exuberant personality. This is another exceptional showing from Nicolas Thienpont and his team. Readers should be prepared to be patient, as the 2016 is going to need time in bottle to be at its best. Even so, it is deeply impressive today. Tasted three times.
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2019.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.