Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia.
Place Christmas orders as early as possible to avoid disappointment!
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- Melbourne 1-4 working days
- Sydney 3-7 working days
- Brisbane 3-7 working days
- Adelaide 2-5 working days
- Perth 7-14 working days
For express service, call 1800 069 295 for a quote.
International deliveries click here We cannot ship to all countries.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
2015 Virginie de Valandraud Pre-Arrival Offer
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
The 2015 Virginie de Valandraud is matured in 100% new oak, according to Jean-Luc Thunevin. It has an intense, quite powerful bouquet with red cherries intermingling with blueberry and candied orange peel. The palate is medium-bodied with supple tannin, a "juicy" Virginie with plenty of puppy fat, but the oak feels nicely integrated and does not obscure its personality on the silky, sensual finish. Perhaps on reflection, I would have liked, say 80% new oak instead of 100%, but why let figures get in the way of this Saint Émilion that should be enjoyed over the next decade.
Neal Martin - eRobertParker.com #224 (Apr 2016)
Very juicy and engaging, with plum and raspberry notes laced with sweet toast and backed by a red licorice edge. Fleshy structure carries the finish.
J.M. - Wine Spectator
The quintessence of the parcels not classified for Valandraud. Seductive aroma and flavour. Creamy palate with lift and smooth, refined texture. Tannins ripe and extremely fine. Gently persistent.
Wow. This is really excellent with blackberry, blueberry and asphalt aromas and flavors. Full and powerful. Yet racy and pretty. Tiny production.
Concentrated, rich and ripe, this wine has dark spice tones and a fine structure that shows ample acidity and a dense fruit character. A blend from a selected Valandraud vineyard parcels, it is rich, juicy and opulent.
The 2015 Virginie de Valandraud is laced with the essence of crushed rocks, smoke, graphite, crème de cassis and grilled herbs. Powerful, tense and vibrant, the Virginie is far from an easygoing second wine. Readers should expect to give the 2015 at least a few years in bottle, as it is quite intense.
Conditions of Pre-Arrival Offer:
1. There is no minimum order unless stated.
2. All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
3. Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and stock availability will be subject to final confirmation.
4. The wines are being shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2018.
5. Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
6. Errors and omissions excepted.
7. Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.