Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia.
Place Christmas orders as early as possible to avoid disappointment!
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- Melbourne 1-4 working days
- Sydney 2-5 working days
- Brisbane 3-6 working days
- Adelaide 4-7 working days
- Perth 5-12 working days
For express service, call 1800 069 295 for a quote.
International deliveries click here We cannot ship to all countries.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
2015 Marquis de Calon-Segur Pre-Arrival Offer
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
The 2015 Marquis de Calon Segur is a blend of 57% Cabernet Sauvignon, 33% Merlot and 10% Cabernet Franc cropped at 47 hectoliters per hectare and matured in 50% new wood over the next 17 months. The blend is indicative of a decreasing proportion of Merlot. The nose is very attractive, quite rich and opulent in style, macerated black cherries, cassis and violet, nicely defined and gaining intensity in the glass. The palate is smooth on the entry with ripe blackberry and boysenberry fruit. There is a little graininess to the texture and a pleasant salinity that just crescendos towards the finish, leaving a marine-influenced residue in the mouth. This has very good potential and is certainly an improvement in terms of the deuxième vin compared to previous vintages.
Neal Martin - eRobertParker.com #224 (Apr 2016)
Very finely textured with blueberry and blackberry character. Very polished tannins. Fresh finish. Second wine of Calon Segur.
This wine is lightly perfumed from the Cabernet Franc in the blend, which gives it a juicy, fragrant, exotic character. Red fruits and great swathes of acidity sweep through.
The 2015 Le Marquis de Calon Ségur is a pretty wine. Lifted, precise and decidedly feminine in style. Bright red cherry, blood orange, tobacco and expressive floral notes add to the wine's mid weight structure. Silky tannins add to the wine's near term appeal. I would prefer to drink the Marquis sooner rather than later. Tasted three times.
Conditions of Pre-Arrival Offer:
1. There is no minimum order unless stated.
2. All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
3. Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and stock availability will be subject to final confirmation.
4. The wines are being shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2018.
5. Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
6. Errors and omissions excepted.
7. Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.