Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- Melbourne 1-2 working days
- Sydney 1-2 working days
- Brisbane 3-4 working days
- Adelaide 4-5 working days
For express service, call 1800 069 295 for a quote.
International deliveries click here We cannot ship to all countries.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
2015 La Mondotte Pre-Arrival Offer
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
The 2015 La Mondotte is a blend of 85% Merlot and 15% Cabernet Franc picked on 18 September and 7 October respectively, then aged in 80% new oak after a 33-day vatting. It has a dense, opulent and very concentrated bouquet that is driven by the super-intense Merlot, though as I mention in my accompanying introduction, the alcohol is contained and not at all apparent. The palate is very well balanced with rounded, supple tannin. There is a lot of weight in the mouth here, very focused and intense with blackberry and raspberry fruit, fine mineralité and tension, leading to an almost pixelated finish. This is an impressive La Mondotte for sure, though the 2015 Canon la Gaffeliere might offer more intellect.
Neal Martin - eRobertParker.com #224 (Apr 2016)
Gorgeous, with dark blackberry and boysenberry fruit rippling along from start to finish, carried by mouthwatering anise notes. The long finish unfurls slowly, dripping with fruit while maintaining poise. Stunning.
J.M. - Wine Spectator
Pure aromatics. Powerful tannic base but the tannins are ripe and round. Freshness from start to finish so great harmony. Limestone terroir apparent. Tight, firm finish. Restrained power. Now organically certified.
A phenomenal La Mondotte. The purity and intensity is so amazing. Full body, super fine and creamy tannins. The clarity is great. You can see that they have pulled back on the new wood and went for transparency. Wow.
The 2015 La Mondotte emerges from Stephan von Neipperg's tiny 4.5 hectare vineyard on Saint-Émilion's limestone plateau. A huge, unctuous wine, the 2015 is simply stunning. All the elements meld together in an effortless, concentrated wine endowed with magnificent intensity and power. Totally seamless in the glass, the 2015 possesses magnificent richness and the pedigree to age well for many years. Tasted two times.
Conditions of Pre-Arrival Offer:
1. There is no minimum order unless stated.
2. All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
3. Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and stock availability will be subject to final confirmation.
4. The wines are being shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2018.
5. Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
6. Errors and omissions excepted.
7. Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.