Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- Melbourne 1-2 working days
- Sydney 1-2 working days
- Brisbane 3-4 working days
- Adelaide 4-5 working days
For express service, call 1800 069 295 for a quote.
International deliveries click here We cannot ship to all countries.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
2015 Chateau Rauzan-Segla Pre-Arrival Offer
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
The 2015 Rauzan-Segla is a blend of 63% Cabernet Sauvignon, 33% Merlot, 3% Petit Verdot and 1% Cabernet Franc cropped at 40 hl/ha between 10 September with the young Merlot vines and finishing with the Cabernet Sauvignon, which was picked between 22 September and 9 October. It is matured in 65% new oak for around 18 months. It has a very intense, almost crystalline bouquet with blackberry, briary, flint and just a touch of violet petal. There is incredible delineation here and the new wood is seamlessly integrated. The palate is medium-bodied with extremely fine tannin, perfectly judged acidity, otherworldly purity and a mineralité rarely seen in this Margaux estate. This is a brilliant Rauzan-Ségla, not necessarily more powerful than previous vintages, though enhanced by its precision, frisson and energy, perhaps longer on the finish. Winemaker Nicolas Audebert has conspired with the benevolent growing season to produce a benchmark wine for the estate.
Neal Martin - eRobertParker.com #224 (Apr 2016)
Juicy and bright, with lots of energy to the red currant and plum fruit, laced with savory, iron and black tea notes. A velvety edge pulls the finish together. Shows good character, with less reliance on flashy oak.
J.M. - Wine Spectator
Wonderfully expressed Margaux fragrance, lovely texture and grip with minerality on the long finish. A great Rauzan-Ségla.
This is so sexy with superbly polished tannins that gives the wine super length and definition. Compacted and tight. Full body, tight yet flamboyant at the same time. Loving it.
Already showing a fine balance, this is going to develop into a ripe, fruity wine. Currently, the tannins are at the service of the shining black fruits and bright acidity.
The 2015 Rauzan-Ségla is simply magnificent. Rich, powerful and intense, the 2015 exudes class. The flavors are dark, sumptuous and wonderfully expressive. In many ways, the 2015 captures both the finesse of Margaux and the intensity of the year. Specifically, the combination of power, freshness and delineation is compelling. The 2015 was blended just 4-5 weeks before I started tasting it. Over the course of two weeks the wine seemed to gain quite a bit of volume and depth. The 2015 is an intense, rich wine. It is also totally compelling. Don't miss it. Tasted four times.
Conditions of Pre-Arrival Offer:
1. There is no minimum order unless stated.
2. All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
3. Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and stock availability will be subject to final confirmation.
4. The wines are being shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2018.
5. Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
6. Errors and omissions excepted.
7. Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.