Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- Melbourne 1-2 working days
- Sydney 2-3 working days
- Brisbane 3-4 working days
- Adelaide 4-5 working days
- Perth 5-10 working days
For express service, call 1800 069 295 for a quote.
International deliveries click here We cannot ship to all countries.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
2015 Chateau Pichon-Longueville Baron Pre-Arrival Offer
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
The 2015 Pichon Baron is a blend of 77% Cabernet Sauvignon and 23% Merlot picked between 18 September until 9 October. Apparently Christian Seely made use of four additional 80-hectolitre wooden vats that augmented his stainless steel vessels. It has a very pure bouquet with lifted blackcurrant, blueberry and graphite aromas, beautifully delineated, the oak seamlessly embroidered with the fruit. The palate is medium-bodied with very fine tannin. This is disarmingly and utterly harmonious with a startling mineral core. Possibly the most sensual Pichon Baron that I have tasted at this nascent juncture, it gently unfolds in the mouth and leaves with an enormously persistent finish that leaves the senses tingling. If you want to know whether this 2015 is up there with the 2009 or 2010, the answer is unquestionably yes.
Neal Martin - eRobertParker.com #224 (Apr 2016)
Really packed, with very energetic blackberry, black currant and plum fruit, pushed by anise and sweet spice and rumbling through the broad, iron-edged finish. Shows lots of heft, but the impression is fresh, and this is built for the long haul. Impressive.
J.M. - Wine Spectator
Rich, full and very ripe with the Baron vigour and fine tannins bringing lift and depth. A bit massive at the moment it but will firm up and show complexity with age.
Very solid and muscular Pichon Baron with ripe and velvety tannins. Full and very rich with balance of ripe fruit that deliver blackberry, walnut and spice. Warm and ripe yet finishes cool and sassy.
The increasing quantity of Cabernet in this top wine from Pichon-Longueville shows in the purity of fruit and in the firm, dark tannins. It is dark, dense and concentrated with very fine acidity and a pure line of black currant fruits. Despite its fruitiness, it will certainly age well and long.
A wine of total seduction, the 2015 Pichon-Longueville Baron possesses exceptional richness, power and intensity, all in the suave, inviting style of the year. Silky, voluptuous and creamy, the 2015 is totally spherical on the palate. This is an undeniably charming Pichon-Baron that should drink beautifully for several decades. Hints of lavender, mint, violet and crème de cassis add the closing shades of nuance in this seamless, racy Pauillac.
Conditions of Pre-Arrival Offer:
1. There is no minimum order unless stated.
2. All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
3. Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and stock availability will be subject to final confirmation.
4. The wines are being shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2018.
5. Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
6. Errors and omissions excepted.
7. Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.