Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- Melbourne 1-2 working days
- Sydney 1-2 working days
- Brisbane 3-4 working days
- Adelaide 4-5 working days
For express service, call 1800 069 295 for a quote.
International deliveries click here We cannot ship to all countries.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
2015 Chateau Phelan-Segur Pre-Arrival Offer
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
The 2015 Phelan Segur, a blend of 53% Cabernet Sauvignon and 47% Merlot aged in 50% new oak, is certainly one of the better offerings from the Saint Estèphe appéllation. For sure, the bouquet is restrained, kept on a leash, but it trots along with crisp blackberry and raspberry fruit, interwoven with an attractive pencil lead note. The palate is medium-bodied with ripe tannin. It is structured and quite bold, considering the storm that swept across the appéllation during harvest, clearly a lot of sorting here that engenders a clean and pure wine with appreciable mineralité and tension on the foursquare finish. If released at a sensible price, then this would be a recommended Saint Estèphe to consumer over 10-12 years.
Neal Martin - eRobertParker.com #224 (Apr 2016)
This offers a good core of dark currant and bitter cherry notes, with hints of warm stone and tobacco filling in on the finish. Shows solid grip.
J.M. - Wine Spectator
Has the smooth, slightly gamey fruit you'd expect from Phélan-Ségur. Very good vineyard expression and fine, elegant length.
A full-bodied red with very dense and chewy tannins. Very persistent and intense. Very fine textured. One of the best Phelans ever?
While there are strong wood flavors here, the wine is also packed with black fruits and ripe tannins. It has the potential to be a generous, full-bodied wine that also shows the fresh character of the vintage.
The 2015 Phélan Ségur is one of the most impressive wines I have tasted here in a number of years. It is also a wine that developed considerably over the two weeks I followed it. Early tastings suggested a deep, powerful Saint-Estèphe, but over the course of a week, the aromatics and finesse seemed to become more apparent. Beautifully ripe, silky tannins wrap around a core of expressive dark red cherry, plum and exotic spices. The decision to pick on the late side certainly was right on the money. This is a pretty and promising wine from the team at Phélan Ségur.
Conditions of Pre-Arrival Offer:
1. There is no minimum order unless stated.
2. All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
3. Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and stock availability will be subject to final confirmation.
4. The wines are being shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2018.
5. Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
6. Errors and omissions excepted.
7. Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.