Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- Melbourne 1-2 working days
- Sydney 2-3 working days
- Brisbane 3-4 working days
- Adelaide 4-5 working days
- Perth 5-10 working days
For express service, call 1800 069 295 for a quote.
International deliveries click here We cannot ship to all countries.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
2015 Chateau Pavie Macquin Pre-Arrival Offer
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
The 2015 Pavie-Macquin is a blend of 84% Merlot, 14% Cabernet Franc and 2% Cabernet Sauvignon picked between 29 September and 17 October at 40 hl/ha. It has an almost decadent bouquet, perhaps more lascivious than the 2015 Larcis-Ducasse tasted alongside (as part of Nicolas Thienpont's "stable"), with fig-tinged red cherry and blackberry fruit, powerful but perhaps needing to muster a little more finesse? The palate is medium-bodied with a sweet core of citrus-fresh fruit. There is more nuance and precision here at the moment, fleshy and sensual with blood orange and cassis layered over the exuberant finish. It should be a delicious Saint Emilion this year, although I feel that the Larcis-Ducasse will have the sophistication and more longevity.
Neal Martin - eRobertParker.com #224 (Apr 2016)
A pure style, with a bright cassis aroma and a core of plum and bitter cherry notes, allied to a lightly chalky spine. Long and refined, showing lovely cut and precision.
J.M. - Wine Spectator
84% Merlot, 16% Cabernet. Wonderful lifted fragrance this year. Lots of energy and minerality. Lovely texture and tannins with the tension ever present. Sweet fruit but not excessive. Builds on the finish. Still powerful but a refined power this year. Saline finish.
The purity of fruit and focus in this wine is so impressive. Full body, powerful and presistent. It goes on for minutes here.
The high acidity in this wine is tight and bright, overly so. It seems unbalanced, while the firm tannins lend a gripping structure.
The 2015 Pavie Macquin is another tremendous wine from Nicolas Thienpont and his team. Inky, rich and voluptuous the 2015 is endowed with remarkable depth and plenty of underlying energy to back it all up. The flavors are dark, bold and incisive, as are the tannins. The 2015 is going to require quite a bit of time to come together, but it is impressive, that much is obvious. Pavie Macquin is 84% Merlot, 14% Cabernet Franc and 2% Cabernet Sauvignon picked between September 29 and October 17 and aged in 60% new oak.
Conditions of Pre-Arrival Offer:
1. There is no minimum order unless stated.
2. All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
3. Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and stock availability will be subject to final confirmation.
4. The wines are being shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2018.
5. Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
6. Errors and omissions excepted.
7. Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.