Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia.
Place Christmas orders as early as possible to avoid disappointment!
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- Melbourne 1-4 working days
- Sydney 2-5 working days
- Brisbane 3-6 working days
- Adelaide 4-7 working days
- Perth 5-12 working days
For express service, call 1800 069 295 for a quote.
International deliveries click here We cannot ship to all countries.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
2015 Chateau Monbousquet Pre-Arrival Offer
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
The 2015 Monbousquet is a blend of 60% Merlot, 30% Cabernet Franc and 10% Cabernet Sauvignon matured in 70% new oak. It has a ripe and sexy bouquet with black cherries, black olive and blueberry. The oak is nicely integrated here. The palate is full-bodied with saturated tannin, supple in the mouth, easy-going in some ways with a smooth rounded finish of licorice-tinged black fruit mixed with cassis and a hint of cedar, more evident on a second sample I tasted outside the château. What it needs is just more finesse and delineation but it should turn out nicely once in bottle.
Neal Martin - eRobertParker.com #224 (Apr 2016)
Dark and winey, with a large-scale core of cassis, plum and currant fruit, inlaid with dense yet polished structure. A gorgeous apple wood backdrop through the finish gives this a bit of muscle to match the fruit.
J.M. - Wine Spectator
60% Merlot, 30% Cabernet Franc, 10% Cabernet Sauvignon. Ripe with luscious fruit - soft and seductive on the palate. Tight tannic finish but early accessibility. Perhaps misses a little tension.
Tight and structured with blackberry and blueberry character. Hints of almonds and spice. Full and savory. Velvety tannins.
This wine is ripe and impressive, with its dark tannins and powerful structure. With light acidity, it is all about richness and a firm character that shows density as well as ripe fruits.
The 2015 Monbousquet is dark and heavily extracted, with plenty of dark fruit and torrefaction notes. There is plenty of depth in the glass, but little freshness, while the overall expression is noticeably one-dimensional, especially next to the other wines in Gerard Perse's range.
Conditions of Pre-Arrival Offer:
1. There is no minimum order unless stated.
2. All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
3. Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and stock availability will be subject to final confirmation.
4. The wines are being shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2018.
5. Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
6. Errors and omissions excepted.
7. Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.