Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- Melbourne 1-2 working days
- Sydney 1-2 working days
- Brisbane 3-4 working days
- Adelaide 4-5 working days
For express service, call 1800 069 295 for a quote.
International deliveries click here We cannot ship to all countries.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
2015 Chateau Le Gay Pre-Arrival Offer
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
The 2015 Le Gay comes from the 6.5-hectare Pomerol estate, of which 2.09 hectares are currently being restructured. It is a blend of 90% Merlot and 10% Cabernet Franc picked from 27 September until 8 October at one degree lower alcohol than Montviel; it has a fragrant bouquet with delineated red cherries, crushed strawberry and hints of vanilla from the 100% new oak. The palate is medium-bodied with fine tannin, ripe and rounded in the mouth, very well balanced and very smooth. This just glides across the mouth and once that new oak has been absorbed, this will be a gorgeous Le Gay to behold. Do not overlook this Cru because it has been on a roll in recent years.
Neal Martin - eRobertParker.com #224 (Apr 2016)
A tight and racy red with walnut skin, pecan nuts, chili and spice. Blackberry. Full body, round texture. Chewy. Very promising. Like the great Le Gays from the 1980s.
A wine of power, density and exceptional finesse, the 2015 Le Gay has it all. Even with all of its obvious richness, the 2015 is slow to reveal itself. Hints of violets, lavender, cloves and new leather wrap around a core of inky, dark-fleshed stone fruits in a resonant, impeccably crafted Pomerol loaded with personality and pure class.
Conditions of Pre-Arrival Offer:
1. There is no minimum order unless stated.
2. All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
3. Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and stock availability will be subject to final confirmation.
4. The wines are being shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2018.
5. Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
6. Errors and omissions excepted.
7. Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.