Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- Melbourne 1-2 working days
- Sydney 1-2 working days
- Brisbane 3-4 working days
- Adelaide 4-5 working days
For express service, call 1800 069 295 for a quote.
International deliveries click here We cannot ship to all countries.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
2015 Chateau La Pointe Pre-Arrival Offer
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
The 2015 La Pointe is a blend of 84% Merlot and 16% Cabernet Franc, picked between 27 September for the younger vines for the second wines, and 1 October for the heart of the Merlot, the Cabernet picked 8 and 12 October. Eric Monnoret told me that the 2015 was matured in 50% new oak. It has a comparatively flamboyant bouquet compared to recent vintages of La Pointe, with opulent red berry fruit, kirsch, cassis and patina of tar. The palate is medium-bodied, firm in the mouth at the moment, quite structured, the oak nicely integrated with a slightly savory finish. This is a robust La Pointe, quite spicy in the mouth with a long aftertaste. It will gain more harmony during its élevage.
Neal Martin - eRobertParker.com #224 (Apr 2016)
On the darker side, with plum and blackberry notes, but still has some grace, showing hints of black tea and incense weaving through. Has some wood left to soak up, so this should put on weight as it integrates.
J.M. - Wine Spectator
Fragrant, zesty, dark fruit aroma and flavour. Fresh on the palate but with an opulence. Tannins finely honed - lighter framed but very pure and precise. Should be good value.
This is really tannic and structured with loads of ripe tannins and fruit. Full body. Massive for this estate yet agile. Best ever. 84% merlot and 16% cabernet franc.
The 2015 La Pointe is dark and succulent to the core, if not super-complex. Black cherry, mocha, licorice, new leather and spice are pushed forward in a tasty, fruit-driven Pomerol that will drink well with minimal cellaring.
Conditions of Pre-Arrival Offer:
1. There is no minimum order unless stated.
2. All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
3. Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and stock availability will be subject to final confirmation.
4. The wines are being shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2018.
5. Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
6. Errors and omissions excepted.
7. Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.