Place Christmas orders as early as possible to avoid disappointment!
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- Melbourne 1-4 working days
- Sydney 3-7 working days
- Brisbane 3-7 working days
- Adelaide 2-5 working days
- Perth 7-14 working days
For express service, call 1800 069 295 for a quote.
International deliveries click here We cannot ship to all countries.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
2015 Chateau La Dominique Pre-Arrival Offer
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
The 2015 La Dominique is a blend of 85% Merlot, 13% Cabernet Franc and 2% Cabernet Sauvignon that was picked between September 18 and October 7 at 38 hectoliters per hectare; 10% went through "vinification intégrale" and then it was matured in 60% new oak. It has a very deep inky color. The bouquet is well-defined but broody at the moment, with blackcurrant, blueberry and even graphite scents, the latter deriving from the Cabernet component of the blend. The palate is medium-bodied with supple tannin on the entry. This errs towards black rather than red fruit, specifically black cherries and a touch of boysenberry. There is quite a rigid structure packed in behind the fruit, the spicy finish showing just a little more finesse than recent vintages. Although, I feel there is still some way to go in terms of reaching the full potential of the vineyard.
Neal Martin - eRobertParker.com #224 (Apr 2016)
A toasty, fleshy style, with a broad swath of fig and blackberry paste flavors melded with dark ganache accents and a heavy tobacco note. A bit obvious in style, but this has range and length.
J.M. - Wine Spectator
Dense, ripe and full. Dark fruit and spice notes with a touch of creamy oak. Generous fruit on the mid-palate. Powerful and driving on the finish. Good length and tension. Harmonious.
This has crazy concentration of stone, blueberry and blackberry character. Full body, yet racy and toned. Exciting. Pushing the envelope here.
This wine has powerful tannins and a tough texture. The fruit at the back shows blackberry flavor that's lifted by fine acidity. As it integrates better, it should be a rich and dense wine.
The 2015 La Dominique is bold, vibrant and full of energy. A host of blue/black fruits, crème de cassis, mocha, violets, licorice, plums, menthol and smoke race out of the glass. Although quite bold, powerful and racy, the 2015 also has more than enough tannic backbone to balance some of the more overt elements. This is a first class effort from La Dominique.
Conditions of Pre-Arrival Offer:
1. There is no minimum order unless stated.
2. All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
3. Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and stock availability will be subject to final confirmation.
4. The wines are being shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2018.
5. Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
6. Errors and omissions excepted.
7. Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.