Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- Melbourne 1-2 working days
- Sydney 1-2 working days
- Brisbane 3-4 working days
- Adelaide 4-5 working days
For express service, call 1800 069 295 for a quote.
International deliveries click here We cannot ship to all countries.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
2015 Chateau Gloria Pre-Arrival Offer
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
The 2015 Gloria is a blend of 60% Cabernet Sauvignon, 27% Merlot, 7% Cabernet Franc and 6% Petit Verdot cropped at 51 hl/ha, matured in 40% new wood. It was picked between 21 September and finishing on 7 October with the Cabernet Sauvignon. It has a fragrant bouquet with dark cherries, cedar and touches of cigar box - classic Saint Julien in many ways, though it does not have the complexity of great recent vintages such as the 2010. The palate is well balanced, clean and pure with fine tannin. The acidity is nicely judged, not a million miles away from the 2015 Lagrange in terms of its refinement, but this has perhaps a touch more detail on the finish. Perhaps one of the more approachable Saint Julien wines this vintage, give this 4-5 years in bottle and then drink over the next 20 years.
Neal Martin - eRobertParker.com #224 (Apr 2016)
Rock-solid, with loads of bramble and bay leaf underscoring the ripe blackberry and black currant fruit. There's lots of grip, but this is plush, staying focused through the toasty finish. Shows nice refinement.
J.M. - Wine Spectator
Fine, fragrant nose and succulent fruit. It has a lovely texture, rounded tannins and fresh finish, with more finesse than in past years.
Pretty Gloria with plenty of tension and energy. Full body yet silky textured and extremely long. Exciting.
New wood flavors give a dry toast character to this wine. Its fruitiness takes a while to show through the dry exterior. It does have the weight to sustain the wood as it develops.
The 2015 Gloria is intense and quite powerful, but also a bit rough around the edges. Iron, smoke, red stone fruit, pencil shavings and tobacco give the wine its rustic personality, an impression that is reinforced by the burly tannins. There is good intensity in the glass, even if some angular contours remain. Hints of inky crème de cassis and spice add the closing shades of Saint-Julien expression. Tasted three times.
Conditions of Pre-Arrival Offer:
1. There is no minimum order unless stated.
2. All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
3. Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and stock availability will be subject to final confirmation.
4. The wines are being shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2018.
5. Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
6. Errors and omissions excepted.
7. Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.