Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- Melbourne 1-2 working days
- Sydney 1-2 working days
- Brisbane 3-4 working days
- Adelaide 4-5 working days
- Perth 5-10 working days
For express service, call 1800 069 295 for a quote.
International deliveries click here We cannot ship to all countries.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
2015 Chateau Gazin Pre-Arrival Offer
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
Situated at the highest elevation in Pomerol, the single plot of vines at Chateau Gazin are planted on gravel and clay soils, including some on the famous blue clay shared with their illustrious neighbour Petrus. Current plantings are 90% Merlot, 7% Cabernet Sauvignon and 3% Cabernet Franc, while future plans include more plantings of Cabernet Franc in place of Merlot.
Quality has been on a steady rise since the renovation of their winemaking facilities in the 1990's, and the last decade in particular has produced some of the greatest wines in the estates history.
Ripe, rounded and inviting in feel, with a red licorice frame around a core of plum sauce and cherry preserves. A touch of alder peeks out on the finish, as this has yet to digest the oak, but the pieces are in place for a rock- solid Pomerol.
J.M. - Wine Spectator
Maintaining great consistency these days. Big, bold and succulent with an impressive depth of ripe fruit and tannins. Rich but balanced. A reliable purchase.
The 2015 Gazin has a perfumed bouquet with layers of black cherry, raspberry coulis and truffle scents, more welcoming and sensual than the wines a decade ago from barrel when they intermittently felt under-ripe. There is none of that here for sure. The palate is medium-bodied with sappy black fruit on the entry. There is excellent structure here, a masculine Gazin with plenty of grip, counterbalanced by abundant tertiary, tobacco-tinged black fruit. There is real salinity towards the finish, completing a superb wine by Nicolas de Bailliencourt and his team. Do not overlook this Pomerol. It is one of the subtler expressions of the 2015 vintage and one that I am sure will develop beautifully in cask. Drink 2020 - 2050
Neal Martin - eRobertParker.com # 224 (April 2016)
Conditions of Pre-Arrival Offer:
1. There is no minimum order unless stated.
2. All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
3. Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and stock availability will be subject to final confirmation.
4. The wines are being shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2018.
5. Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
6. Errors and omissions excepted.
7. Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.