Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- Melbourne 1-3 working days
- Sydney 2-3 working days
- Brisbane 3-5 working days
- Adelaide 3-5 working days
- Perth 5-10+ working days
For express service, call 1800 069 295 for a quote.
International deliveries click here We cannot ship to all countries.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
2015 Chateau Fombrauge Pre-Arrival Offer
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
The 2015 Fombrauge is a blend of 95% Merlot and 5% Cabernet Franc that was cropped at 45 hl/ha between 24 September and 15 October. It is matured in 45% new oak barrels, 45% one-year-old and 10% in cement tank. It has a rich and generous bouquet with layers of black cherry, iodine and a hint of licorice. There is a slight headiness to these aromatics. The palate is showing more restrain and finesse, clean and pure with lightly spiced red berry fruit, hints of licorice and white pepper, a subtle bay leaf note towards the finish that displays well-integrated oak. Give this 5-8 years once in bottle and you will have a fine Saint Emilion on your hands.
Neal Martin - eRobertParker.com #224 (Apr 2016)
This has ripe dark currant, fig and boysenberry confiture flavors forming a solid core, while singed alder, bramble and ganache notes emerge on the finish. Ambitiously styled, but needs to pull together.
J.M. - Wine Spectator
Dark fruit with a touch of creamy, toasted oak. Generous fruit on the palate with plentiful, ripe tannins. Dense but harmonious and approachable. Will undoubtedly please.
A rich and layered Fombrauge with so much depth of fruit and fine tannins. Such balance and beauty. Very long and flavorful. Impressive.
The 2015 Fombrauge is a dark, voluptuous beauty, a terrific example of modern Saint-Émilion as conceived by Bernard Magrez and Michel Rolland. Black cherry, plum, bittersweet chocolate, spice and new leather open first, before beams of tannin reveal the wine's underlying structure. Dense and powerful, but with good freshness, the 2015 Fombrauge is a winner. The blend is 95% Merlot and 5% Cabernet Franc. Tasted four times.
Conditions of Pre-Arrival Offer:
1. There is no minimum order unless stated.
2. All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
3. Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and stock availability will be subject to final confirmation.
4. The wines are being shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2018.
5. Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
6. Errors and omissions excepted.
7. Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.