Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- Melbourne 1-2 working days
- Sydney 1-2 working days
- Brisbane 3-4 working days
- Adelaide 4-5 working days
For express service, call 1800 069 295 for a quote.
International deliveries click here We cannot ship to all countries.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
2015 Chateau Capbern Pre-Arrival Offer
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
Chateau Capbern (formerly Capbern Gasqueton) is on a roll since the new owners took over the estate, along with Calon Segur, in 2012. Already blessed with prime vineyards close to heavyweights Montrose and Phelan Segur, their winemaking facilities have recently been rejuvenated and the wines haven't looked better.
Vineyards at the estate are planted to 62% Cabernet Sauvignon, 37% Merlot and 1% Petit Verdot, with an average vine age of 30 years. Vinification takes place in stainless steel vats, malolactic fermentation in tank, and the wine is aged in 50% new French oak barrels for 18 months.
Damson plum and bitter cherry notes are lined with savory and tobacco hints. Fresh, though a little shy on stuffing through the finish.
J.M. - Wine Spectator
Great freshness of bountiful, ripe fruit and fine ripeness from 68% Cabernet. A lovely wine from perfectly managed vineyards.
Very fine and polished with lovely integration and finesse. Medium to full body, fresh finish. Harmony here.
Despite the obvious fruitiness, this wine has an impressive amount of structure, which gives a dry core to the juicy black currant fruits and tight acidity. There is a touch of extraction in the black coffee flavors, although the main character is fruit.
Conditions of Pre-Arrival Offer:
1. There is no minimum order unless stated.
2. All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
3. Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and stock availability will be subject to final confirmation.
4. The wines are being shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2018.
5. Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
6. Errors and omissions excepted.
7. Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.