Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- Melbourne 1-2 working days
- Sydney 2-3 working days
- Brisbane 3-4 working days
- Adelaide 4-5 working days
- Perth 5-10 working days
For express service, call 1800 069 295 for a quote.
International deliveries click here We cannot ship to all countries.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
2015 Chateau Beychevelle Pre-Arrival Offer
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
The 2015 Beychevelle was picked between 22 September and 8 October, a blend of 42% Cabernet Sauvignon, 47% Merlot, 7% Cabernet Franc and 4% Petit Verdot that will be matured in 50% new oak. It has quite a high IPT at 81, a pH of 3.72. It has a clean and crisp bouquet, tightly-wound at first, then unfurls with redcurrant, cranberry and raspberry scents, leaning towards the red spectrum rather than black. There is impressive delineation here, no frills, almost clinical in its "aromatic efficiency." The palate is medium-bodied with fine tannin. This is a suave Beychevelle in the making, harmonious in the mouth, supple even, gently building towards a lightly spiced finish. Among the Saint Julien wines, this is clearly one of the more understated 2015s. It is only when you swallow the wine that its lingering flavors remind you that this could evolve into one of Philippe Blanc's great Beychevelles. While it is not a headline- grabbing wine, a decade in bottle will be handsomely rewarded.
Neal Martin - eRobertParker.com #224 (Apr 2016)
This has a plush, slightly smoky edge, with plum sauce and blackberry confiture notes forming the core. Shows ample stuffing through the finish, presenting a pleasantly chewy edge.
J.M. - Wine Spectator
Lots of depth and more complexity of fruit than usual - more layered and better grip. This is a very classy Beychevelle, well up to its fourth-growth status.
This is very pretty with ultra-fine tannins, blueberry, blackberry and mineral flavors. Full body, integrated and balanced. Shows refinement and tension.
This wine shows fine black fruit tones along with peppery tannins. It has a light touch, with lively acidity and a pure-fruit tones cut by a dry core.
Understated and nuanced, the 2015 Beychevelle is a wine of lovely finesse. Graphite, smoke, plum, violet and lavender are some of the many notes that are found in this delicate, super-expressive Saint-Julien, while floral notes add lift. The finessed side of Saint-Julien comes through nicely here. In 2015, yields were around 47 hectoliters per hectare. The blend is 47% Merlot, 42% Cabernet Sauvignon, 7% Cabernet Franc and 4% Petit Verdot. New oak is around 50%. Tasted two times.
Conditions of Pre-Arrival Offer:
1. There is no minimum order unless stated.
2. All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
3. Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and stock availability will be subject to final confirmation.
4. The wines are being shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2018.
5. Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
6. Errors and omissions excepted.
7. Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.