Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- Melbourne 1-2 working days
- Sydney 1-2 working days
- Brisbane 3-4 working days
- Adelaide 4-5 working days
For express service, call 1800 069 295 for a quote.
International deliveries click here We cannot ship to all countries.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
2015 Chateau Barde-Haut Pre-Arrival Offer
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
The 2015 Château Barde-Haut was harvested from September 17 until October 1, a blend of 80% Merlot and 20% Cabernet Franc (the latter figure will increase from 2017 with new plantings.) There is no SO2 used during fermentation, just a little after the malolactic, especially the lots in barrel, the part in tank with almost no SO2. The alcohol level is 14%, which is still less than in the past, with a pH of 3.45 to 3.55. It has a wonderful bouquet, extremely well defined with black cherries, cassis and a subtle marine influence - one of the best that I have tasted from this estate. The palate is very well balanced with fine tannin, a keen thread of acidity, very good tension and nervosité right to the pure and caressing finish. Think of it as the "elder sister" of Poesia. Long and tender, this will hopefully replicate this strong performance in barrel.
Neal Martin - eRobertParker.com #224 (Apr 2016)
Intense and vibrant, this packs juicy plum, currant and raspberry fruit into the core, while the very racy, energetic structure drives the finish.
J.M. - Wine Spectator
The best yet from this estate. More harmony and precision than in the past. Lovely pitch of ripe fruit, freshness and finely woven tannins. Limestone terroir really comes through.
This is very rich and powerful with blackberry, blueberry, mineral and stone. Full body, very fine tannins. Very chalky and intense on the finish. Best ever?
The 2015 Barde-Haut is another wine that is lacking in depth. Today, the 2015 comes across as not fully formed, and I am not sure it will be. The sweet plum, black cherry, menthol, licorice, mocha and spice notes are attractive, but I just don't see the wine's typical depth here.
Conditions of Pre-Arrival Offer:
1. There is no minimum order unless stated.
2. All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
3. Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and stock availability will be subject to final confirmation.
4. The wines are being shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2018.
5. Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
6. Errors and omissions excepted.
7. Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.