Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- Melbourne 1-2 working days
- Sydney 1-2 working days
- Brisbane 3-4 working days
- Adelaide 4-5 working days
For express service, call 1800 069 295 for a quote.
International deliveries click here We cannot ship to all countries.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
2014 Le Marquis de Calon Segur Pre-Arrival Offer
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
Merlot dominant with black fruits showing well. Quite rich and plummy for St-Estèphe; lots of charm.
The Le Marquis de Calon-Ségur 2014 is a blend of 67% Merlot (now including young vines planted in front of the château by Vincent Millet and the late Mme. Gasqueton) and 33% Cabernet Sauvignon. Because of the high alcohol content of the Merlot vines, that average alcohol level comes in at 14.7%. Matured in 50% new oak, it has a rich, almost decadent bouquet with crème de cassis and blueberry jam, a touch of warmth coming from the alcohol. This is very heady within the context of the vintage. The palate is full-bodied, rich and powerful with layers of super-ripe Merlot fruit: fleshy in the mouth, almost ravishing with a very sweet finish that needs to find more precision and focus. It's a rare example of a blockbuster deuxième vin!
Neal Martin - The Wine Advocate #218 April 2015
Conditions of Pre-Arrival Offer:
1. There is no minimum order unless stated.
2. All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
3. Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
4. The wines are being shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2017.
5. Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
6. Errors and omissions excepted.
7. Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.