Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- Melbourne 1-2 working days
- Sydney 1-2 working days
- Brisbane 3-4 working days
- Adelaide 4-5 working days
- Perth 5-10 working days
For express service, call 1800 069 295 for a quote.
International deliveries click here We cannot ship to all countries.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
2014 Le Clarence de Haut-Brion Pre-Arrival Offer
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
The Le Clarence de Haut Brion 2014 is a blend of 80% Merlot, 16% Cabernet Sauvignon and 4% Cabernet Franc. (There was a lot of Merlot due to a lot of deselection from the Grand Vin.) It has an immediately engaging bouquet, perhaps better definition than the Chapelle de la Mission, a little more mineralité coming through with aeration. The palate is medium-bodied, cohesive, tighter and more linear than the La Chapelle with longer persistence on the finish. Excellent. Drink 2017 - 2028.
Neal Martin - The Wine Advocate # 218 (Apr 2015)
Plump, fleshy and inviting in feel, with a strong plum pâte de fruit note leading the way, backed by anise, blueberry and tar flavors. Picks up lots of briary grip on the finish. Still youthfully raw, but exhibits good energy and stuffing. Tasted non-blind.
J.M. - Wine Spectator
The fruit feels cleverly fleshed out, attractive brambly depth, slight toasted almonds on the nose. Again fine tannins, clean lift on the finish, clear feeling of extracting the tannins just as far as they can and not a step more. The finish is a touch tight, but this is astringent not bitter, and bodes well for an excellent quality fairly early to medium term drinker. 80% Merlot, 4% Cabernet Franc, 16% Cabernet Sauvignon.
Gorgeous second wine for Haut-Brion with firm and savory tannins. Full, refined and layered with meat, tobacco, dark fruit and earth. Serious.
Conditions of Pre-Arrival Offer:
1. There is no minimum order unless stated.
2. All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
3. Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
4. The wines are being shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2017.
5. Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
6. Errors and omissions excepted.
7. Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.