Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- Melbourne 1-2 working days
- Sydney 1-2 working days
- Brisbane 3-4 working days
- Adelaide 4-5 working days
- Perth 5-10 working days
For express service, call 1800 069 295 for a quote.
International deliveries click here We cannot ship to all countries.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
2014 La Mondotte Pre-Arrival Offer
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
The La Mondotte 2014 is a blend of 80% Merlot and 20% Cabernet Franc picked on 27 September to 10 October at just 18 hectoliter per hectare. After a cuvaison of 38 days it is being matured entirely in new wood as usual. The nose is very pure and well defined, refined and elegant, actually reminiscent of Château Canon. The palate is medium-bodied with succulent ripe tannins. The wood is dominant at the moment but there is more than sufficient fruit to cope with that. The acidity here is well judged with plenty of freshness and edginess on the vivacious and refined finish. There is a sense of energy within this La Mondotte that is quite captivating. It is not the most flamboyant that Stephan von Neipperg has ever overseen, but there is a sense of linearity and classicism that renders it very sophisticated. It may merit a higher mark once in bottle. Drink 2020 - 2045.
Neal Martin eRobertParker.com # 218 (Apr 2015)
A sleek, wiry wine, with lovely definition and a coiled feel, featuring a core of raspberry, blackberry and boysenberry fruit waiting to unwind. A serious chalky spine bolts everything down for now. This needs time, but shows great length and precision.
J.M. - Wine Spectator
Organically certified. Only 18hl/ha (hail partly explains the yield). Impressive depth of fruit. Powerful but finely etched tannins. Muscular but poised. Persistent finish. Very Mondotte.
J.M. - Decanter
A beautiful wine with a creamy, silky and delicately fruity character with a savory and citrusy finish. Full body yet balanced and refined.
Conditions of Pre-Arrival Offer:
1. There is no minimum order unless stated.
2. All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
3. Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
4. The wines are being shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2017.
5. Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
6. Errors and omissions excepted.
7. Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.